My experience with Flow

When we are doing something we are interested in and challenging, many of us will have an immersive experience: we can’t feel the existence of time and real things, as if our bodies and minds have completely entered into another world. You can only feel what you are doing. I have had a similar experience. I like to write novels since I was a child. But at that time, writing was just like personal entertainment. I never showed my works to others. One day last year, when I was watching a movie, a line in it suddenly inspired me. But because I was still in the cinema, I couldn’t start writing, so I took out my phone and recorded it in the memo. After the movie, I turned down the invitation to dinner with my friends and took a taxi home. On the way, I was still thinking about the plot and dialogue. When I got home, I immediately turned on my laptop and began to write. It was about 5:30 p.m. when I finished the last period, it was already dawn. It’s already six o’clock the next morning. At that time I was really surprised. My God, I typed in front of the laptop for 13 hours and nonstop. I forgot the dinner and even water. And after I uploaded the work to the website, sleepiness finally attacked me. Now this work has more than 2000 likes.

It was a wonderful experience. Like being in a beautiful dream, in the dream, I swim in the sea of words. It seems that the protagonist in my story has lived her own life. As a spectator, I accompanied her through a period of her life. Before woke up, I said goodbye to her: take care! see you next time. She waved to me with a smile, as warm as a pair of old friends.

My work